Get in Touch
Expeller-Pressed RBD Canola Oil
Choose Heart-Healthy Canola Oil.
RBD (refined, bleached and deodorized) expeller-pressed canola oil is healthy, heart-smart and versatile oil for health conscious consumers.
Expeller-Pressed Canola Oil Is Naturally Produced
Expeller-pressed canola oil is produced by mechanically squeezing (pressing) the oil from the canola seed using a unique double expeller-press process. In North America, most canola processing plants use hexane solvent extraction to remove oil from the canola seed. Learn more about the expeller pressed process.
Canola Oil Is One of the Healthiest Edible Oils in the World.
Canola oil has the least saturated fat of any culinary oil. It is free of trans fat and cholesterol, and is a good source of omega-3 fat and Vitamin E.
Canola Oil Health Benefits
Free of Trans Fat and Cholesterol*
Canola oil is trans-fat free. Trans fat increases the risk of heart disease in two ways: it raises “bad” LDL cholesterol and lowers “good” HDL cholesterol.
Low in Saturated Fat*
Of all the edible oils, canola oil has the lowest level of saturated fat. Saturated fat increases levels of low-density lipoprotein (also known as LDL cholesterol or “bad” cholesterol). High LDL levels have been linked to increased risk of heart disease.
High in Monounsaturated Fat*
Monounsaturated fat may help reduce the risk of heart disease by lowering bad LDL cholesterol and controlling blood sugar.
* The U.S. Food and Drug Administration authorized a qualified health claim for canola oil on its potential to reduce the risk of coronary heart disease.
Canola Oil Is Versatile
Its light texture, neutral flavor and high smoke point allow it to be used in almost all culinary applications.
- Canola oil is a very stable oil that doesn’t break down at high temperatures, so it’s ideal for sautéing, stir frying, deep-frying and other high heat applications.
- The temperature at which canola oil begins to smoke and degrade is at 468OF and one of the highest smoke points of all cooking oils.
Labeling Advantage for Your Product
The labeling of expeller-pressed canola oil on your ingredients list provides a competitive advantage over canola oil processed using solvent extraction.
- Orthodox Union “OU” Kosher certification
- FSSC 22000 (GFSI) certification
Source: Canola Info.org